Memorial Playing Fields
The Playing Field was bought by public subscription in July 1948 as a village memorial to the servicemen of the parish who gave their lives in World War Two. It is maintained and operated by the Memorial Playing Field Committee on behalf of the Parish Council. Access is gained via Joy’s Lane and The Common also via Whitelands Footpath (Footpath 2) from Coley Lane.Currently the main use of the playing field is as a football ground. In the past there was space for two pitches, but only one was in regular use.
There are plans to install some recreational equipment for children. Currently the Parish Council have given permission for a small working group to investigate the the requirement, potential costs and possible grants available.